Friday, August 28, 2009

The Talking Dogs

I have waited a long time to post on the "Mom Blog." Too long. The reasons are simple and complicated all at the same time. Simple: Busy mother of young child with a few too many jobs. Complicated: As much as I love reading all the memories Lauren and Whit have posted about Donna, it's hard. I hate that she is the way she is. I hate that the girls have to miss out on having her around.

However, it's been long enough.

I spent enough time at the Scheffel's house growing up to acquire my own lifetime of memories of Donna. One of my favorites happened in the living room at the Royal Oak house. Yes, this was the house where the Scheffels moved after we lived backyard to backyard. The one I walked "halfway" to on many occasions. Sorry Lauren. Te he :)

Anyway, we were sitting around, Donna, me, Mom, Lauren, Whit and Nestle (PERM!). Donna started talking about what dogs would sound like if they talked. In the perfect voices she demonstrated how Nestle and our dog, Mitzi, would converse if they could. The conversation she created had Nestle hitting on Mitzi and Mitzi protesting his advances. I don't know why, but it was pee your pants hysterical. Something so simple, but it cracked all of us up for a long, long time. It still makes me laugh just to think about it.

But that's just the way Donna was. Funny. She could make anyone crack a smile. Even my Dad. But, we'll save that thought for another post.





Mitzi.
I wish I had a picture of Nestle
(or the NELL DOG, as Donna always said) too.

1 comment:

  1. This is so funny, and I actually think about this a lot. I was just talking to someone about what Ruby would sound like if she could talk! And even the funny stories on here make me cry, so I completely understand. It is good therapy, though ;)

    ReplyDelete