Tuesday, November 3, 2009

MEMORY WALK 2009!



Ashley, Mike, and I with the Charleston River Dog!



I can't wait to tell you all how well the Memory Walk went! I decided to participate in the walk in Charleston since it is a beautiful city and I knew a lot of people would come out to support the cause! Everyone that came donated so much money to the Alzheimer's Association and Alzheimer's research which is a great step to ending this terrible disease.

I know so many of our friends and family members have been affected by Alzheimer's and it was amazing to see how many other people there are to support you during this hard time. There were more than 400 people that participated in the walk and the total money raised was $64,000!! My team had 11 members and we raised almost $500! I was so proud of everyone that contributed to the cause since it means to so much to me and my family.

It was located at Charleston Harbour and we walked about a mile along a path around the pier passing by old naval ships and we even saw a few dolphins that were feeding in the shallows. Overall, it was a really good day. After the walk ended, we went back to the main pavilion to participate in a raffle! We were each given a walker number and at the end of the day, they called out numbers to win gifts that had been donated to send out their thanks for those who came out for the function. My friends Mike and Kent ended up being two that won!

It was an amazing day with close friends and I was so happy I was able to honor my mother at this gorgeous event :) Thank you to everyone that donated and I love you guys.


1 comment:

  1. Yay, Memory Walk! I'm glad to see the photos and here about the great day you had :) I am jealous. Our walk was through Newport...not along a pier! What a great tribute to your Mom.

    ReplyDelete